• You should start saving a lot of money. Certainly you don’t want your trip to be cut short before you can enjoy all the best destinations. Therefore, save a lot of money and leave some behind to spend when you’re back.
• It’s also prudent to plan your budget. Yes, there might be many places to see and enjoy but you don’t want to overspend and go back home early.
• Choose the best tour destination. You might have a dream destination in mind or simply planning to wander around. Well, you should research on where you plan to go and take virtual tours to make sure you’re prepared for everything.
• You should also buy travel insurance such that if an emergency comes up during your trip, you’re completely covered.
• Look for the best accommodation which is friendly to solo travelers. For instance, you can always try airbnb or any other options that make your stay more comfortable.
• Pack light and make sure you’re fashionable. Also if there are a few dressing ethics followed in particular countries, you should also adhere to them.
• Find out the best way to stay in touch with your friends or relatives back home. Whether it’s through phone or email, make sure they can reach you conveniently.
• While on the road, make sure your identity is completely protected. Keep your passport safe as well as your credit cards. Don’t use any banking information on public Wi-Fi to prevent identity scams. Don’t flash around your money or expensive jewelery when you’re traveling to avoid being attacked.
• When you’re in a new city alone, you should take time, practice patience and relax as well as settle in.
• If you’re unsure of a specific location, always ask for help. If you stand around looking confused you might attract attention from the wrong people.
• Don’t forget to study the map of the area to get a good sense of direction of the major landmarks allowing you to explore the cities safely.
• Always be discreet and stay low key to avoid any unwanted attention.
Traveling alone doesn’t necessarily mean you’re lonely. Here are some tips to make the trip unforgettable.
• Always keep smiling since it means you’re friendly, approachable and happy. It’s one of the ways to open up many conversations.
• Learn something from the local language. You can learn how to say hello or how to ask for directions since the locals will appreciate it and might make an effort of communicating in your language as well.
• Try to make some friends on your trip. If you go to any local coffee shop with communal tables, you will find people enjoying their beverages so you should try to strike a conversation.
• Establish a routine while you’re on the trip. For instance, if you find a café, restaurant, or place that you love, you can always visit it frequently. It’s a good way to get to know people and they can always watch out for you.
• Take tours during the day because chances are that there are many people looking out for some friends along the way. There are many lone travelers out there who are also interested in making friends and it’s the best way for you to socialize during your trip.
In any given destination, you will find many ways to get around the city. Well, you should start by getting oriented. You can always take tours if they are available and learn the city before you start moving around on your own. Also, you should walk around and learn everything first hand. It’s the best way to slow down and learn each pit stop on your way. You can enjoy the city’s design and everything else before becoming a regular. If there are any destinations that are far apart, you can always take the train, bus or rent a car to drive yourself there.
Another way to enjoy any destination is through the nightlife. Therefore, you should go out at night and enjoy yourself. You will definitely meet a lot of people who are interested in meeting a new person. Of course, you should be careful not to get too disoriented or have your drinks spiked. Don’t drink from open bottles or glasses without checking them thoroughly. Finally, you are basically going out there to have fun. So enjoy yourself, get immersed into the local events and create the most unforgettable experience on your own.
Learn next about surviving a long flight .